ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Cahill is one of San Francisco's oldest and largest construction general contractors in the Bay Area. We recently celebrated our 100th anniversary as a private, family-owned company with a commitment to quality and relationships. We specialize in multi-unit residential projects, healthcare, schools, and community facilities. Cahill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The role of an Estimator is to support senior personnel in estimating & preconstruction services including:
- Comfortable and able to review plans and specs with understanding and confidence.
- Do constructability reviews of the plans and specs providing comments.
- Prepare complete and detailed scope of works for construction trade with no "gaps."
- Perform quantity take-offs with accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze quotations from subcontractors & suppliers w/ the ability to review for completeness & accuracy, negotiate pricing for completeness.
- Communicate with architects & consultants to clarify scope of work, materials, conflict resolution.
- Compiles & organizes a complete list of qualifications.
- Assists with the final assembly of budget and GMP documents for the client.
- Builds relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain a competitive advantage for Cahill.
- Develop value (engineering) opportunities to present to the client and architect.
- Assist in preparing necessary documents for subcontractors to budget and bid from.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience at a general contractor as an Estimator and with multi-family and institutional building preferred.
- 5+ years in construction management required.
- Education: Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred.
- Microsoft Project, Excel, using a digitizer, Onscreen Takeoff (OST) , or REVIT required/a plus.
- Attention to detail, math and analytical skills.
- Able to provide “closure” to assigned tasks within deadlines provided.
- General knowledge of negotiated bids, hard bids and GMP processes.
- Full-time direct-hire position located in San Francisco’s Financial District or downtown Oakland (project determines the office)
- Benefits: Employee medical/dental/vision coverage with the option of a PPO or HMO, FSA, 401K match, profit sharing
- Start date is negotiable
- Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@cahill-sf.com if interested
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.