ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Cahill is one of San Francisco's oldest and largest construction general contractors. We recently celebrated our 100th anniversary. This is a private, family-owned environment with a commitment to high quality and relationships. We specialize in multi-unit residential projects, healthcare, schools, and community facilities. Cahill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a management level position that offers individuals with previous construction experience the opportunity to further develop their professional skills. A Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure that construction stays on schedule and within budgetary guidelines without sacrificing quality. The ideal candidate is motivated, organized, an excellent communicator, and able to proactively manage a construction project.
Cahill’s Project Managers are assigned to one large or two small sized projects. They work primarily out of one of our two offices (San Francisco and Oakland) and attend to tasks at the jobsite as necessary to meet the demands of their projects. During pre-construction, Project Managers prepare estimates and assist with bidding. They are also responsible for preparation of contract documents including but not limited to, bid packages, subcontracts, change orders, submittals and RFI’s.
Project Managers are the primary points of contact with the Design Consultants and the Owner. They also work directly with the Superintendent in the scheduling and management of subcontractors, and are responsible for the coordination of both the structure and the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and sprinkler trades. At the jobsite, Project Managers are responsible for managing the weekly owner/architect/contractor meetings, jobsite coordination meetings, and work closely with the Superintendent to resolve field generated issues.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years in construction management required.
- Background: experience at a general contractor preferred. Experience with multi-family and institutional building preferred.
- Education: minimum 4-year degree required. Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Project, Excel, and Outlook required. Experience with BIM, Viewpoint, and/or Timberline is a plus.
- Full-time direct-hire position located in San Francisco’s Financial District or downtown Oakland (project determines the office)
- Benefits: Employee medical/dental/vision coverage with the option of a PPO or HMO, FSA, 401K match, profit sharing
- Start date is negotiable
- Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@cahill-sf.com if interested
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.