Cahill Contractors LLC is seeking a Safety Director to lead our Safety Program, from preconstruction through close-out.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Cahill has been building with quality and integrity for over 100 years. We frequently self-perform wood framing as well as structural concrete. We specialize in multifamily residential, education, civic, healthcare, and commercial construction in the San Francisco Bay Area. Cahill has consistently earned the VPP designation since 2012.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Safety Director is a key member of our team of builders. The ideal candidate is a leader with excellent communication skills, a deep knowledge of safety, and a builder’s mindset with tremendous respect for craftspeople. 10+ years of experience as a safety professional in construction, industrial hygiene, and/or as a safety trainer is strongly preferred.
- Effectively communicate and collaboratively implement safety policies and regulations in a consistent manner across all job sites
- Lead our Safety Team in the identification and correction of hazards
- Utilize technology for data collection and analysis
- Manage safety incident investigations
- Act as our main point of contact for Cal/OSHA
- Lead preconstruction safety planning
- Manage Safety Trainings
- Stay abreast of current trends and innovations in safety
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professional certification, such as CSP, CIH or similar, is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Full-time direct-hire position
- Benefits: Employee medical/dental/vision coverage with the option of a PPO or HMO, FSA, 401K match, profit sharing
- Start date is negotiable
- Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@cahill-sf.com if interested
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.